Introduction to SEL for Substitute Teachers
Featuring Robert Lauron with Harmony SEL
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
5:00 p.m. PT
Resource and Research Links
- Harmony SEL (free with account creation)
- CASEL SEL framework (wheel)
- Benefits of SEL: CASEL research
- Wallace Foundation report: Navigating SEL from the Inside Out addresses these topics and more.
- Achieving Equitable SEL
- Out of School Time (OST)
- Unicef Kid Power
- Harmony SEL online learning portal (free access with account creation)
- Meetup, Buddy Up, Quick Connection Cards accessible with logon
- Harmony Quick Connection Cards. Quick Connection Cards are brief discussions and activities designed to provide opportunities to share, think and collaborate. Examples:
- What would be your perfect day?
- What is something for which you are thankful? How do you show that you are thankful?
- What have you done that made a difference in someone’s life?
Professional Development Resources: Harmony Training Modules
- Working Against Racial Bias
- Using Critical Consciousness to Challenge Inequity
- Linking Identity and Achievement Through Cultural Competence
Past Swing Speaker Series Events
Fostering Positive Interactions with Students
Integrating SEL into the Core of the Curriculum
Using the Three Rules of Improv in Substitute Teaching
Introduction to Classroom Management