Introduction to SEL for Substitute Teachers
Featuring Robert Lauron with Harmony SEL
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
5:00 p.m. PT
Resource and Research Links
- Harmony SEL (free with account creation)
- CASEL SEL framework (wheel)
- Benefits of SEL: CASEL research
- Wallace Foundation report: Navigating SEL from the Inside Out addresses these topics and more.
- Achieving Equitable SEL
- Out of School Time (OST)
- Unicef Kid Power
- Harmony SEL online learning portal (free access with account creation)
- Meetup, Buddy Up, Quick Connection Cards accessible with logon
- Harmony Quick Connection Cards. Quick Connection Cards are brief discussions and activities designed to provide opportunities to share, think and collaborate. Examples:
- What would be your perfect day?
- What is something for which you are thankful? How do you show that you are thankful?
- What have you done that made a difference in someone’s life?
Professional Development Resources: Harmony Training Modules
- Working Against Racial Bias
- Using Critical Consciousness to Challenge Inequity
- Linking Identity and Achievement Through Cultural Competence
Past Swing Speaker Series Events