What Credentials are Accepted by Swing in New Jersey?

While credentials may not be a requirement for every request in New Jersey, schools will often prefer to list jobs for credentialed subs. If you have a credential, we strongly encourage you to add it to your account during set up – it’ll help ensure you have access to all the requests in your area you qualify for!

Swing accepts the following types of New Jersey credentials and certificates.

Note: Endorsements for each type of credential vary, and Swing cannot accept some endorsements for purposes of substitute teaching. For more on available endorsements, visit the New Jersey DOE Certificates and Endorsements page

Accepted Credentials and Certificates

Certificate of Eligibility (CE)

  • Administrative, Educational Services, or Instructional endorsements

Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS)

  • Educational Services or Instructional endorsements

Provisional Certificate

  • Administrative or Instructional endorsements

Standard Certificate (including the Non-Citizen Standard Certificate)

  • Administrative, Educational Services, or Instructional endorsements

Substitute Credential

  • 60-Credit Instructional 
  • 30-Credit Instructional
  • Instructional Substitute Credential

What if I still have questions about my New Jersey Credentials? 

You can reach out to our support team if you have any questions about whether your specific credential is valid at support@swingeducation.com, live chat, or by messaging our help center at https://support.swingeducation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Have questions about New Jersey credentials or credential requirements? Visit the New Jersey DOE FAQ.

Don't have a credential yet? Apply here.