Across the nation, educators are responding valiantly to an unprecedented health crisis and its ramifications for students, educators, and their communities. Leaders and staff are charting new courses for this unique time. The COVID-19 pandemic is a national crisis that poses a serious health risk for everyone. We’re providing some essentials tips that will help prevent the spread of disease and protect our subs, partnering schools, and their communities.
- Wear a face mask/covering when interacting with others outside your home.
- Always maintain social distancing (six feet) from anyone you do not live with.
- Maintain the highest levels of self-cleanliness and hygiene practices.
- Familiarize yourself with your request’s school district’s Covid-19 guidelines.
- Be a role model for your students and practice the pillars of infection prevention.
- Be cautious about the way you talk about the pandemic. Share positive, age-appropriate information with students.
- Start a morning symptom check. This can be done by taking your temperature early morning before arriving at your assignment and watching for symptoms.
These are just a few essential tips that we recommend our Subs implement during this pandemic while working at our partnering schools. We hope that you and your loved ones are well, and we are more committed than ever to make sure you're safe and supported during these times.