Swing Education offers access to two insurance providers, Stride and Aflac. Each option is different, so please carefully read the sections below to decide which of these options is best for you.
Stride is an insurance brokerage that helps you find health, vision, life and dental insurance on the open exchanges through an easy-to-use, convenient search portal. View plans and apply here.
- Who qualifies: both 1099 independent contractors and W-2 employees of Swing Education.
- Waiting period: no waiting period for newly hired teachers. Existing teachers must wait until open enrollment, or they may enroll if they experience a qualifying event, as defined below.
- When to enroll
- Health plans: there are two opportunities for enrollment, both set by the federal government. You may enroll during open enrollment, November 1-December 15, 2020. Or, you may enroll if you have a qualifying event.
- Dental or vision plans: enroll at any time.
- Contact info: For questions, you can search Stride's help center or message them for help. Please note: Swing customer support cannot provide details or advice on any of Stride's insurance plans.
Aflac offers supplemental dental, vision, hospital stay, accident and other coverage that pays cash benefits directly to you when you’re sick or injured. You can use the cash to help cover expenses that major medical insurance does not. Learn more about supplemental insurance here. If you're ready to apply, you can view plans and apply here.
- Who qualifies: W-2 employees of Swing Education. (Please note: depending on your state, you may need traditional medical insurance to be eligible for the Hospital Choice, Cancer Protection Assurance, and Critical Illness plans. Contact Aflac at the phone number below to find out more about the eligibility requirements of each plan.)
- Waiting period: none.
- When to enroll: you may enroll at any time.
- Contact info: For questions about specific Aflac plans, you can speak with an Aflac representative by calling 818-396-6824, or click here to reach them off hours. Please note: Swing customer support cannot provide details or advice on any of Aflac's insurance plans.