How do I fill out my ADP timesheet?
You can enter your time on your timesheet by either logging onto the website of ADP or using their mobile app.
We suggest that you ensure your timesheet is accurate and ready for payment by completing it and approving it by 8 PM on Friday evenings, although it is due by 11:59 PM every Saturday. If you run into an issue over the weekend, you will not have ADP or Swing's help until Monday, and your timesheet will be late.
Your timesheet is a legal document. Entering hours you did not work is time fraud. It is your responsibility to ensure it is 100% accurate by the weekly deadline. Please watch the videos we've included below for how to fill out your timesheet, contact us, or contact ADP for technical help.
- How to enter your times
- How to enter your times via the app
- Important Timekeeping Information
- Extra Tips! (links to a separate article)
Entering your times (Video):
How to enter your hours (Step-by-Step Guide):
- You can access the ADP website by going to the login page.
- You'll be prompted to add your username and password to access your ADP account.
Accessing your timesheet
- Go to Myself
- Click Time underneath "Time and Attendance"
Adding hours to your timesheet
To add hours to your timesheet, you only need to add in the times you clocked in and clocked out for work.
You can add these hours to the line with the corresponding dates that you worked.
To add record your lunchtime, you would punch out when you leave for lunch. You would then punch back in when you've returned to lunch. You will then punch out once you're done subbing for the day.
Just so you know, you do not need to add a transfer code. Our payroll team will process this for you.
Do I add a Pay Code for my hours?
No, you do not need to add a pay code to clock in your hours. Pay codes are only meant for when you need to login in to add training or sick hours.
- Use the "Training CA" pay code for Mandated Reporter Training
- Use the "Sick" pay code to add in your accumulated sick time.
How to approve your timesheet
Once your hours have been added and completed for the week, you can mark them as complete by submitting your timecard for approval.
Click on the "Approve Timecard" button on the left-hand side and click approve timecard. Your timecard will then become highlighted in yellow to signify it's been submitted.
Please remember to submit your timesheet for approval by no later than 8 PM on Friday evenings, although it is due no later than 11:59 PM every Saturday.
How to enter your times via the ADP app:
Need help? Something isn't saving or giving you an error? You can Contact ADP. They're available Monday-Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. PT.
If you have a general Payroll question, please let us know by contacting us using the button below.
- As a best practice, fill out your time card each day that you work and submit it by Friday evening each week. You should be able to fill out your time card during working hours, but if for some reason you cannot do so, use the "timesheet" pay code in the pay code column in addition to your punched times.
- If you were not given a 30-minute lunch break, do not enter one on your time card.
- Enter your exact arrival and exit times as close to the minute as possible. Intentionally falsifying records will lead to termination. Entering hours you did not actually work is time fraud. Do not enter anything other than the hours you actually work, regardless of what the school’s request states.
- You will need to enter your meal periods as taken. Please ensure you are being given a meal period by your 5th hour of work and clock out/in for them on your timesheet.
If you have any questions, please contact ADP as soon as possible, or reach out to us here.
Adding Sick Time
You may take sick time in one-hour increments as it is accumulated. You must do your best to cancel the teaching request at least 24 hours in advance. Keep in mind canceling within 24 hours will hurt your reliability performance score.
To record sick time on your time card, select "sick" from the pay code column and enter the total number of hours you want to use by entering them as whole numbers. This will override the "half-day, full-day" prefilled options. You will only be able to take the total number of hours you have accumulated.
Adding Prep Time
Subs in long term requests longer than 16 working days are pre-approved for prep time.
You are pre-approved to add:
- An extra 30 minutes of prep time to your assignment each day you sub for a non-credentialed sub request.
- An additional 60 minutes of prep time to your assignment for credentialed sub requests.
*Please make sure to add a "prep" note in the hours listed.
Please ensure you punch all hours worked, regardless of what hours are listed on the request page. This includes punching times such as prep time, grading, meetings, and any other extra work activities that couldn't be completed during the workday.
For example, while you should be able to complete your timesheet during an assignment, if you need extra time outside of an assignment to do so, you should include that time by using the "timesheet" pay code and entering the total time outside of working hours that it took you to complete your timesheet. If you need help punching any of these, feel free to contact us below or start a chat.