How Do I Sub With Swing Education In Arizona? A Complete Guide


To start substitute teaching in the great Copper State of Arizona, you need two things:

  1. A valid credential (a Substitute Teacher's Credential or Teaching Credential)
  2. An IVP fingerprint clearance card

NOTE: You will need to have a valid credential before becoming a substitute with Swing Education.

If you already have a valid credential:

  • Log into your Swing Education account
  • Enter your Public Educator ID
    • (Don't remember your Public Educator ID? You can look it up here.) 
  • Wait 3-4 days while Swing updates your account


What Credentials Do We Accept?

Swing accepts all administrative, Pre-K to 12 teaching, international teaching, and substitute teaching certificates, with the exception of Athletic Coaching, Intern, and Native American Language certificates. Swing also accepts a limited number of emergency certificates issued pursuant to COVID-19 directives. 
You can reach out to our support team if you have any questions about if your specific certificate is valid at, live chat, or by messaging our help center at

How Do I Get a Credential if I Don't Have One?

You can apply for a new credential here: 
Or you can renew your credential here:

How to Get an IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card

Student safety is of the utmost importance in Arizona, so before becoming a substitute teacher, you’ll need to pass a background check.

If you don’t have an IVP Clearance Card, click here for more information on how to obtain one.

If you have an IVP Clearance Card:

  • Log into your Swing Education account
  • Provide Swing with your IVP card number
  • Swing will update your account within the next 1-2 days

And, that's it! Remember, you can always message us with any questions.