Do I need a Bachelors Degree to Sub with Swing Education?

Education Requirement

  • If you do not have a teaching credential for the state that you intend to sub in, then you will need to have at least a bachelor's degree to work as a Swing Sub.


  • We have partnered with Checkr to help us conduct education verification for potential Swing Subs. Swing is billed directly, all you have to do is:
    1. Log into your Swing Education Account
    2. Click the "Take me to Checkr" link
    3. Complete the Education Verification form through Checkr
    4. Let us know once you have completed it by going to your Swing Education account and clicking "I Filled Out Checkr"


I don't see the option to complete Checkr, why?

Education Verification through Checkr is only required in Washington D.C., New York City, Texas, and California (if you do not have a credential or sub permit). If you are getting set up in on of our other regions, you will not see this requirement. 

I have a degree from outside the US, can I use that?

Yes, if you have a degree from outside the US our partner, Checkr, is able to verify international degrees.

How long does it take for Checkr to complete Education Verification?

The average processing time is 5-7 business days. However, if you have an international degree, then the average processing time is 3-4 weeks.