Do I need a Bachelors Degree to Sub with Swing Education?

Education Requirement

If you do not have a teaching credential for the state that you intend to sub in, then you will need to have at least a bachelor's degree to work as a Swing Sub.

Verify with Checkr

  • Our partner Checkr helps us conduct education verification for potential Swing Subs. (You will not be charged.) All you have to do is:
    1. Log into your Swing Education Account
    2. Click the "Take me to Checkr" link
    3. Complete the Education Verification form
    4. Let us know once you have completed it by going to your Swing Education account and clicking "I Filled Out Checkr"

Why don't I see the option to complete Checkr?

Education verification through Checkr is only required in Washington D.C., New York City, Texas, and California (if you do not have a credential or sub permit). If you are not in these regions, you will not see this requirement. 

I have a degree from outside the US, can I use that?

Yes! Checkr is able to verify international degrees.

How long does it take for Checkr to complete Education Verification?

The average processing time is 6 business days. For international degrees, the average processing time is 3 weeks.