All New York SwingSubs must have been fingerprinted through NYSED (the New York State Education Department).
What if I'm already fingerprinted through NYSED?
If the New York State Education Department has fingerprinted you, please click here to log into your account and enter your information so that we can look you up in NYSED's TEACH database.
What if I'm not fingerprinted through NYSED?
If you have not been fingerprinted by the New York State Education Department before, click this link to make a fingerprinting appointment. You can use service code 14ZGR7.
More information about getting fingerprinted with NYSED is available here.
After you have been fingerprinted, log into your Swing Education account and enter your information so that we can look you up in NYSED's TEACH database.
I have been fingerprinted through the New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE). Do I still have to be fingerprinted through NYSED?
Yes, if you know NYCDOE has fingerprinted you, you can transfer your background check to NYSED.
How do I transfer my background check to NYSED?
- If you do not already have a NYSED TEACH account, create one here: https://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/selfreg.html
- Complete the form to permit the transfer of your records from NYC to NYSED here: https://www.nysed.gov/sites/default/files/ospra104.pdf
- Once you've completed the form, mail the form to the following address: HR Connect Service Center 65 Court Street, Room 102 Brooklyn, NY 11201.
Once you have been notified of the successful transfer of your fingerprints, please update your Swing account so we can look up your status via NYSED's TEACH database. Click here to log into your Swing account.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions or contact NYC DOE HR Connect for more information at 1-718-935-4000.
- How long will it take for Swing to receive my results fingerprinted through NYSED?
- Processing time is usually 1-2 business days.