Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
One of the setup requirements to become a substitute teacher in Arizona is to complete a criminal background check through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZ DPS).
How to Apply?
If you don’t already hold an IVP Clearance Card, you will have to apply for a IVP Clearance card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety Identity Verified Prints (IVP). The Department of Safety.To apply for your IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card follow the following steps:
- Visit azdps.gov/services/public/fingerprint
- Select “Online application”
- Select "Register
- Select "Apply for a fingerprint Clearance Card"
- Select "New Application"
- Review the Privacy Act Statement and click continue
- Select “Public and/or Charter School Contractor, Subcontractor, or Vendor and their Employees”
- Fill out your personal info
- Enter Swing Education’s address: 700 S Claremont St, San Mateo, CA 94402, #200
- Visit https://www.aps.gemalto.com/az/index.htm for a list of fingerprint locations and hours.
- AZ DPS recommends calling ahead to verify hours of operation prior to travel and estimate wait time
Be prepared to pay $75.25 to schedule an appointment.
Important! - Once you receive your fingerprint clearance card number please update your account so that Swing Education can verify your clearance card.
There are also details about beginning this process if you’re out of state.
If you already hold an IVP Clearance Card:
- Please log into your Swing Education account and provide Swing with your IVP card number. Click here to log into your Swing Education account.
How do I check the status of my Application/ Card?
- You can check the status of your fingerprint clearance card/application by visiting the AZ DPS website. Click here to be redirected to AZ DPS to check your application status.