One of the requirements to substitute teach in Arizona is to complete a criminal background check and obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card (FCC). This is done through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS).
How do I apply?
If you don’t already hold an IVP Clearance Card, you will need to obtain one through the following steps:
- Visit https://psp.azdps.gov/
- Select "Fingerprint Clearance Card"
- Select "Request a Replacement/Apply for a Card for Myself or Someone Else"
- Log into your AZDPS account, or if you don't have one yet, create one.
- Click "Apply for a New Clearance Card" then select "IVP"
- If you have never gotten an IVP Clearance Card before, select "No"
- Review the Privacy Act Statement and click continue
- Select “Public and/or Charter School Contractor, Subcontractor, or Vendor and their Employees”
- Fill out your personal info
- Enter Swing Education’s address: 700 S Claremont St, San Mateo, CA 94402, #200
- Visit https://www.aps.gemalto.com/az/index.htm for a list of fingerprint locations and hours.
- AZ DPS recommends calling ahead to verify hours of operation prior to travel and estimate wait time
Be prepared to pay to schedule an appointment. The price is around $75.25, and subject to change.
Important! - Once you receive your fingerprint clearance card number, please update your account so that Swing Education can verify your clearance card.
There are also details about beginning this process if you’re out of state.
If you already hold an IVP Clearance Card:
- Please log into your Swing Education account and provide Swing with your IVP card number. Click here to log into your Swing Education account.
How do I check the status of my Application/ Card?
- You can check the status of your fingerprint clearance card/application by visiting the AZ DPS website. Click here to be redirected to AZ DPS to check your application status.