Need help? Check out the info below or click here for information on how to contact i9 Everywhere.
What is the I-9 requirement:
Form I-9 is a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services form used to verify the identity and legal authorization to work of all paid employees in the United States. It is required for all employees at the time of hire; you can learn more about it here In a traditional work setting, this happens on the first day of employment where your identifying documents are shown to a hiring manager or HR personnel. At Swing, we have partnered with i9 Everywhere to help you complete this requirement. As soon as you request your Virtual New Hire Orientation, your I-9 process will be initiated.
What documents will be required?:
Please find a current list of acceptable documents here.
Note: Please be sure to double check that any documents you upload are valid and current (not expired).
How do I complete the I-9?
Once you have requested your virtual New Hire Orientation date, our partner i9 Everywhere will send you an invitation via email to log into their website, i9Everywhere.com.
After logging into i9Everywhere.com through the email invitation, you will be guided through a two-step process for completing your I-9: (1) Registration + Identifying Documents and (2) Remote Verifier.
Note: You must complete all I-9 steps prior to your requested virtual New Hire Orientation. If you do not complete your I-9, your virtual New Hire Orientation registration will not be completed and you will not be admitted into that Orientation. You will be able to request another date in Account Settings in your Swing account.
1) Registration + Identifying Documents
Information needed for this step:
- Full Name
- Email (same email that is connected to your Swing account)
- Phone number
- Identifying documents (outlined below)
1. Check your inbox for an email from i9 Everywhere inviting you to begin the registration process.
2. Once logged into i9Everywhere.com, enter your legal name:
3. Enter your address information:
4. Enter your personal information:
4. Verify your identity and citizenship:
- You are able to use a variety of documents to verify your identity, however, the most commonly used documents are:
- A Passport
- A combination of a Drivers license, and Social Security card or Birth certificate
- A Passport
- Click here for a complete list of acceptable documents
Important: ONLY upload current and valid documentation. Uploading incorrect documentation will delay your processing time.
2) Remote Verifier
Selecting a Remote Verifier
Anyone can act as your remote verifier; however, we recommend reaching out to someone that you trust (i.e. Family member, friend, etc.).
Information needed from Remote Verifier
- Full Name
Remote Verification Steps:
- Select a remote verifier
- I-9 Everywhere will reach out to the remote verifier, notifying them that they have been selected to assist you in completing the I-9.
- We recommend reaching out to the selected remote verifier as well to prevent any confusion around this step.
- Let the remote verifier know they will have to complete the following steps:
- They will have to meet you in person to verify your documents (must be original copies)
- Check their email/text for a form that needs to be completed through i9 Everywhere
- The remote verifier will be asked to enter their Name, Email, and Address.
- The remote verifier will then have to enter the document numbers found on your (Swing Sub) identify verifying documents (i.e. SSN, Passport, etc) into i9 Everywhere.
- i9 Everywhere has sample documents to help the remote verifier find the document numbers that need to be entered into i9 Everywhere
- Lastly, they will be asked to sign a form electronically, verifying that they saw the documents in person.
Note: Keep an eye out for emails from i9Everywhere.com regarding the status of your form I-9!
- I-9 Everywhere may be contacting you if your form I-9 requires more attention on your part.
I-9 Everywhere's support team is here to help you every step of the way. Please visit http://i9everywhere.com/ and click on their messenger icon in the bottom right corner (see image below). You can also call them at 866-661-1500.