Swing Education has partnered with i9 Everywhere to assist with the I-9 process. This guide will break down the i-9 form into two sections: (1) Registration + Identifying Documents and (2) Remote Verifier.
Note: Please make sure to complete all I-9 steps prior to your Orientation Webinar. If you do not complete this prior to the webinar, you will not be able to attend and this will delay your ability to sign up for substituting opportunities.
1) Registration + Identifying Documents
- Full Name
- Email (same email that is connected to your Swing account)
- Phone number
1. Check email to log into i9 Everywhere and begin the registration process
2. Enter address information
3. Enter Personal Information
4. Verify Identity and Citizenship
- You are able to use a variety of documents to verify your identity, however, the most commonly used documents are:
- A Passport
- A combination of a Drivers license, and Social Security card or Birth certificate
- A Passport
- Click here for a complete list of acceptable documents
Regardless of the document(s), you choose, please make sure they are all up to date
2) Remote Verifier
Selecting a Remote Verifier
Anyone can act as your remote verifier, however, we recommend reaching out to someone that you trust (i.e. Family member, friend, etc.)
Information needed from Remote Verifier
- Full Name
Remote Verification Steps:
- Select a remote verifier
- i9 Everywhere will reach out to the remote verifier, notifying them that they have been selected to assist you in completing the I-9.
- We recommend reaching out to the selected remote verifier as well to prevent any confusion around this step.
- Let the remote verifier know they will have to complete the following steps:
- They will have to meet you in person to verify your documents (must be original copies)
- Check their email/text for a form that needs to be completed through i9 Everywhere
- The remote verifier will be asked to enter their Name, Email, and Address.
- The remote verifier will then have to enter the document numbers found on your (Swing Sub) identify verifying documents (i.e. SSN, Passport, etc) into i9 Everywhere.
- i9 Everywhere has sample documents to help the remote verifier find the document numbers that need to be entered into i9 Everywhere
- Lastly, they will be asked to sign a form electronically, verifying that they saw the documents in person.
i9 Everywhere's awesome support team is here to help you every step of the way. Please visit http://i9everywhere.com/ and click on their messenger icon in the bottom right corner (see image below). You can also call them at 866-661-1500