|1099 Swing Subs||
|1099 and W-2 SwingSub in the same year||
|W-2 SwingSub for the entire year||
I need a copy of my W-2. Where can I get a copy?
- You can access your W-2 through your ADP account by clicking on Myself > Pay > Pay Statements.
I need a copy of my 1099, where do I go?
If you made more than $600 and need a copy of your 1099:
You should have received an email from email@example.com that includes the information on how to download your 1099 form. Check your spam folder, as the email may have gotten lost in there!
The email should contain login and password instructions to access your 1099 form at Taxformsdownload.com.
1. To access your form, you will need a password and your email address. The password consists of the first four letters of your first name or your company name in lowercase letters plus the last four digits of your SSN or EIN. Here are some examples:1. If your name appears on the form as Mary May with an SSN of 711223456, then the password would be mary3456 (first 4 characters of your Full Name / Business Name + last 4 digits of your SSN/ITIN number).
2. If your name appears on the form as AL D with ITIN as 517223355, then the password would be al3355 (first 2 characters of your Full Name / Business Name since the Full Name / Business Name is shorter than 4 characters + last 4 digits of your SSN/ITIN number).
3. If your business name appears on the form as Mary May PLLC with ITIN as 012847934, then the password would be mary7934 (first 4 characters of your organization name + last 4 digits of your ITIN/EIN number).
I can't access the 1099 tax website, can you send me a copy?
- Yes, we can send you a copy via email. Please contact us and state that you would like a copy and authorize it to be sent via email.
I earned less than $600, can I get a 1099?
- No, 1099's are only issued to subs who made more than $600. You can find your payments in your payment history.
I need to update my address for my 1099
- Please update your address in your Tipalti account on pages 1 and 4.
Why am I getting a 1099 and not a W-2?
- When you are an independent contractor with Swing, not an employee, you are issued a 1099.
I have questions about taxes, can you help?
- No. We are unable to provide tax advice to any Swing Sub. Please check out our Taxes for Independent Contractors Guide for information we can provide.