How and when should I notify Swing Education if there will be a school closure?
- If you have any closures due to COVID-19 concerns, please contact our support team immediately and cancel any upcoming requests for the duration of the expected closure.
- In cases where school is cancelled due to public health concerns, Swing will waive any cancellation penalties. However, you must inform Swing Education before canceling in order to waive any penalties.
What is Swing Education doing to proactively keep sick subs out of schools?
- If any of our substitute teachers have been exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19, they are asked to tell us immediately. Once we are notified, we will inform any schools that may have been exposed.
- As always, any substitute teachers experiencing symptoms of a communicable illness, such as fever or vomiting, are expected to cancel their requests with as much notice as possible. We will do our best to help find an alternate teacher to fill the request.
- Additionally, we have reminded all subs of CDC recommended hygiene habits to prevent the spread of illness.
Will I be charged if a sub appears sick and I send them home?
- No, you will not be charged a fee if a substitute teacher is sent home for displaying symptoms of a communicable illness. If this does happen, please contact our support team, and we will waive the fees associated with the request.
What to do if you receive last minute cancellations from Swing substitute teachers?
- If you receive a cancellation, the Swing platform automatically searches for a replacement until the assignment start time.
- If the start time passes and a replacement is still not secured, contact us to secure a replacement and push back the start time.