Does Swing Education provide subs to help with distance learning? How does that work?
We can support schools with distance learning in two ways. First, we will support schools that wish to retain existing long-term subs and transition them to distance learning. If you would like to transition any of your long-term subs to distance learning, please let us know.
Second, we are now accepting new distance learning requests. If you wish to issue a new distance learning request, go to the "Request a Sub" section and turn on the "Distance Learning Request" slider, as shown below. Be sure to include any important details under the "Notes for Sub" section, such as log-in or download information for Zoom, Google Classroom, or any other online tools used by your school.
Please note: the school is responsible for communicating distance learning expectations to the sub, and for providing any necessary equipment or resources.
How and when should I notify Swing Education if there will be a school closure?
- If you have any closures due to COVID-19 concerns, please contact our support team immediately and cancel any upcoming requests for the duration of the expected closure.
- In cases where school is cancelled due to public health concerns, Swing will waive any cancellation penalties. However, you must inform Swing Education before canceling in order to waive any penalties.
What is Swing Education doing to proactively keep sick subs out of schools?
- Substitute teachers have been advised to stay home for at least 2 weeks if they have traveled to a Level 3 Travel Health Notice country.
- If any of our substitute teachers have been exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19, they are asked to tell us immediately. Once we are notified, we will inform any schools that may have been exposed.
- As always, any substitute teachers experiencing symptoms of a communicable illness, such as fever or vomiting, are expected to cancel their requests with as much notice as possible. We will do our best to help find an alternate teacher to fill the request.
- Additionally, we have reminded all subs of CDC recommended hygiene habits to prevent the spread of illness.
Will I be charged if a sub appears sick and I send them home?
- No, you will not be charged a fee if a substitute teacher is sent home for displaying symptoms of a communicable illness. If this does happen, please contact our support team, and we will waive the fees associated with the request.
What to do if you receive last minute cancellations from Swing substitute teachers?
- If you receive a cancellation, the Swing platform automatically searches for a replacement until the assignment start time.
- If the start time passes and a replacement is still not secured, contact us to secure a replacement and push back the start time.