ALL Swing Subs are required to obtain a personal copy of a police record (PD-70) and also send fingerprints and a police record to KIPP DC.
To get clearance, please review the following steps:
What to Bring:
- A Government Issued Photo ID (e.g. Passport, Driver’s License, Non-Driver ID)
OR an Original Birth Certificate AND a Social Security Card
- Payment Methods Include: Exact cash, credit card, or money order made out to the DC Treasurer
Where to Go:
Henry J. Daly Building
MPDC Headquarters 300 Indiana Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
(Open 9 – 5 Monday through Friday)
1) To Obtain Personal Copy of Police Record:
- Go to Room 1075. Fill out a PD-70 form.
- Proceed to Room 1157 to pay a $7 processing fee.
- End at Room 1073 to pick-up your completed PD-70 form.
- Upload the completed PD-70 form (scan or picture) by logging into your Swing account.
2) To Submit Fingerprints & Police Record to KIPP DC:
- Go to Room 3054. Fill out another PD-70 form. Tell the DCMPD staff that you will need an FBI fingerprint background check completed as you will be working with children at a DC Public Charter School. The results and PD-70 form will go directly to KIPP DC.
- Indicate that your requesting agency is “KIPP DC (Swing)”.
- Pay a $35 processing fee and get a receipt!