One of the requirements for the substitute teaching permit is an online application. Here are the detailed steps to completing it:
- Click on this link to access the application - https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/414.pdf?sfvrsn=16
- Complete Section 1 (Personal Information)
- For Section 2 (Credential Type), under “Options” - select the appropriate option from the drop-down menu and under “Substitute Permits (PT)” - select “30-day substitute permit”
- Skip Section 3 (Child Development Permit Renewal Self-Verification)
- Check the boxes in Section 4 (Professional Fitness Questions)
- Review and check the “I agree” box in Section 5 (Child Abuse and Neglect Mandated Reporting)
- Skip Section 6 (Employing Agency Information) (Note: you’ll be an independent contractor with Swing Education as opposed to an employee)
- Sign off on Section 7 (Oath and Affidavit)
- Print out the completed application
- Take it with you to apply in person at your local county office of education.
If you have any questions about the online application, please contact contact us here. Thanks!