What is a long term request?
- Typically a request is considered to be long term if it is more than 21 calendar days, though this may vary by school and is subject to change.
- Depending on the nature of the work, most schools set a higher pay rate than the normal daily rate to compensate for additional work (e.g. office hours, lesson planning, etc)
Things to note:
- Subs aren't automatically confirmed into a long term request
- ONLY interested subs should add themselves to the waitlist
- The school may interview the subs on the waitlist and may ask subs for their resumes
- After the interview process, the school will select one of the subs into the request
Please note that Swing has no control over when/ if you will ever be chosen as a sub for a long term request. You can send a quick note to the school expressing your interest but it is completely up to them if they chose you for their role.