Substitute permit overview (California)

If you're a Swing Sub in California, getting a sub permit is a great idea! You'll be able to see more requests and you'll be more desirable to schools. We will reimburse you for all the fees associated with getting your permit, so why wait?


I've applied for my permit, now what?

That's wonderful! You should have been notified by the CTC about the estimated processing time and status of your application. Once you’ve been approved please log in to your Swing account and add your document.  

How do I renew my permit?

It's very simple to renew your permit! All you need to do is check out this website from the CTC - it has more information on how to renew it online, which should be processed within two weeks. Once you’ve been renewed please log in to your Swing account and update your document.  

Swing will also reimburse you for your permit renewal! Just fill out our reimbursement form here

These following articles may also be helpful: