As a Swing Substitute, you have the chance to become a Star Sub!
Swing Star subs:
- Arrive on time ready to teach
- Never no-show for a request
- Rarely cancel requests at the last minute
- Represent Swing with the utmost professionalism, and, for each assignment, strive to put their best foot forward
- Receive positive feedback
Benefits of being a Star Sub:
Swing Education gives extra benefits to our most reliable substitutes such as:
- A “Star Sub” icon visible to schools on your substitute profile.
- Priority for filling long-term requests.
- Priority for assignments with new school partners.
- Access to requests first, as requests are sent in waves starting with our very best!
How can I see my status?
- If you are a Star Sub, you receive a star badge on your profile which is visible to schools.
- If you do not see the star badge, then you are likely on your way to becoming a Star.
- Each assignment without a negative event will either bring you closer to Star Status or maintain your status. It’s important to have excellent reliability and to build relationships with administrators.
How to become a Star Sub:
- Get positive feedback! Schools have the option to leave feedback, so do good work, get a positive review, and avoid negative feedback.
- See our Best Practices and Resources Articles and review the Code of Conduct for a detailed list of expectations.
- Get preferred! Create great relationships with schools so they request you as a preferred sub.
- Pick up a lot of assignments. The more you work, without a negative event, the better your standing will be.
- Don’t no-show. No-shows strain school resources and negatively affect your status.
- Don’t cancel at the last minute. Make sure you’re mindful of what you sign up for and don’t cancel within 24 hours of the assignment start time.
How are Swing Substitutes Classified?
- Star Sub: You are among our most reliable and most frequently requested substitutes at Swing.
- Rising Star: All Swing substitutes start with a “Rising Star” rating.
- Other: Subs who have multiple no-shows, lates, cancellations, and negative feedback on their account are in danger of being suspended. We will reach out via email if you are in that danger zone.
Please note that we take any negative events and reliability very seriously, and it can lead to removal from the platform.