How to Apply for your Substitute License in Illinois

Swing Education partners with dozens of schools in Cook county, and we’d love to get you into the classroom. In order to do so, you’ll need a Substitute License. 

Luckily, getting your license is easy - it’s just two simple steps! 

1. Create your Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) account here:

Apply for a new license once your account is created

      • Log in to ELIS and click on Apply for a New License, Endorsement, or Approval
      •  Once on the home screen: 
        • Complete the application
        • A $50 fee will be assessed electronically when the application is submitted (please have a credit card available)
        • Note: ISBE is now offering reimbursements for the application fee if you work 10 days after receiving your Sub License. Learn more here.

2. Request a digital transcript from your University.