Swing Education partners with over 100 schools in Cook county, and we’d love to get you into the classroom. In order to do so, you’ll need a Substitute License. Luckily, getting your sub license is easy - it’s just a few simple steps!
1. Create your Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) account here:
- Click here to get started: https://sec3.isbe.net/IWASNET/login.aspx.
- If this is your first time applying, click "CLICK HERE FOR FIRST TIME ACCESS TO THE ELIS SYSTEM"
2. Apply for a new license once your account is created.
- Log into your ELIS account and click on “Apply for a New License, Endorsement, or Approval”
- Once on the home screen:
- Complete the application
- A $50 fee will be assessed electronically when the application is submitted (please have a credit card available)
- Note: ISBE is now offering reimbursements for the application fee if you work 10 days after receiving your Sub License. Learn more here.
- Make sure to upload your receipt to your Swing Education account to let our team know that you've completed this step.
3. Request a digital transcript from your University.
- Please contact your university and have them email your official digital transcript to: email@example.com.
- Once complete, make sure to click I requested my transcript in your Swing Education account.
4. Register your Sub License and Share your IEIN # with us
Once your application is approved and your transcripts are received (typically 1-2 weeks), you will receive an email from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), prompting you to log back into your account to register your Sub License for the region in which you desire to work (we advise registering in Cook County, as most of our school partners are located there).
Note: Please register your license in the region in which you intend to work (we recommend Cook County, as we have many school partners here). Additionally, you will need to register in each place you work thereafter. To do this, simply follow the prompts in the email from ISBE. Once logged in, click “Registrations” in your Action Center and follow the prompts to finish license registration. You will also see a yellow banner, which you can click.
Please note that ELIS has a $60 fee for registering your new sub license. Follow the prompts to submit and pay the $60 registration fee (please have a credit card available). Once registered, please confirm with Swing by uploading your receipt in your Swing Education account.
Note: Your sub license will be valid for 5 years, after which you will simply pay a fee to renew your license after the 5-year period.
After your license is registered, your IEIN # will be valid. Please make sure to share this with Swing Education by logging into your Swing Education account. Once verified, we can move you onto your next onboarding steps.