First impressions matter. Schools are looking for reliable, engaged, and professional subs, and they often provide feedback on hows a sub presents themselves.
Schools use dress codes as a way to show students what professionalism looks like, and so they expect their educators to demonstrate that.
Many schools describe their adult dress code in their "View details” link, which is found in the assignment details on our online platform.
Even if a dress code is not provided, it is recommended to still dress professionally. Based on an analysis of dress codes at Swing’s partner schools, the following is generally considered acceptable:
- Comfortable dress shoes/flats (avoid sneakers, sandals, or open-toed shoes)
- Business-casual or professional attire
- Solid colored slacks (no jeans, avoid capris)
- Neatly ironed buttoned up collared shirt
- Blouse and/or knitted sweater/cardigan
Schools also recommend avoiding any offensive or strong odors, such as cigarettes or perfumes/colognes and to practice general hygiene before an assignment.