We offer two convenient types of requests. In addition to standard requests, you can accept Swing Heroes requests.
Swing Heroes requests are released up to 14 days before the assignment begins, so they allow you to lock in pay for that day and set your work schedule in advance.
Swing Heroes requests also differ from standard requests in that when you sign up, you won’t see full request details. You will know the day, the pay, the region of the assignment, and the grade type (e.g., elementary or middle/high) when you sign up, and then additional details (grade level, subject, and site location) on the morning of the assignment.
Swing Heroes vs. Standard Requests
|Accept on online platform||✔||✔|
|Booking window||As they come, usually 0-3 days prior to the request||Up to 14 days in advance|
|Lock in pay long before the assignment||X||✔|
|Weekly digest of open requests||X||✔|
|Request Information Available|
|Grade Level||✔||✔ Choose between: K-5, 6-12, or all grades|
|Exact Location||✔||Within 1-12 hours of the assignment|
|Subject||✔||Within 1-12 hours of the assignment|
How it Works
1) Sign up for a specific date and location on Swing's platform. Swing Heroes requests are designated with a “Swing Heroes” label.
2) Receive full request details, such as location, start/end time, and subject by 9:30 a.m. the morning of the assignment. The school day can start as early as 7 a.m., so you'll want to be awake, checking your phone, and ready to commute to campus by 6 a.m. or thereabouts. (The text notification may arrive overnight, so make sure to carefully look through your message history.) This will help ensure you arrive on time.
You can also log in to your online Swing account to see where you are assigned.
3) If you do not receive request details by 9:30 a.m. on the morning of the assignment, you won’t be needed for that assignment. You will still be paid the rate listed on the request, and you’ll be free to accept another request.
Swing Heroes FAQ
How do I find Swing Heroes requests?
You can accept Swing Heroes requests by logging in to your Swing account. (They are not currently available via text message.) These requests are labeled “Swing Heroes” on our platform and have a “Swing Hero” banner.
Why do I only get certain assignment details in advance?
Swing Heroes requests are designed to address the growing challenge of last-minute teacher absences. When you accept a Swing Heroes request, we are essentially reserving your time for a given day. This enables Swing to match you with nearby school sites that need a substitute teacher to cover a last-minute absence.
What does guaranteed minimum pay mean?
If you accept a Swing Heroes request, you will always earn at least the rate listed in the “guaranteed minimum pay” section. But if the school has a higher rate than the guaranteed minimum, you will receive that higher amount.
What if I can’t make it to the school on time?
Call the school administrator listed on the request as soon as you determine that you will be late. Let them know you just received the assignment, but that you're on your way. If you can't reach the administrator, call Swing’s support team and let us know. If you are marked late, contact us so that we can waive the penalty.
What if I don’t want to sub at a certain school?
Contact Swing’s support team here and let us know the names of any specific schools you’d like to avoid. We’ll then remove them from your account to ensure you don’t receive requests from them.
What if I’m not qualified to fill the request?
Particularly when faced with filling a last-minute teacher absence, schools generally prioritize finding someone who can follow the teacher's lesson plan and maintain a safe classroom environment. Teachers often leave lesson plans understanding that the substitute may not be an expert in their particular subject.
How many open Swing Heroes requests are available near me?
Swing Heroes Cancellation Policy
If you cancel an accepted Swing Heroes request within 48 hours of the start date, OR if you no-show:
- You will not be paid for the assignment (this is the case if you cancel outside of the 48-hour window as well)
- You may no longer be eligible to accept Swing Heroes requests
Here's how a Swing Hero Request will look on the Swing Platform:
Still have questions? Contact our Support Team!