How To Setup Tipalti (Step-by-Step)
Login to your account and head to the top right-hand corner of the page. Click on your name and select “Payment Setup.”
After you log in, you will be taken to a four-screen process. Once you complete the steps on each page, click the “Next” button on the bottom, right portion of the page to move on to the next section.
Page 1: Read and Agree to The Terms of Agreement
To use the services, please read our terms of service change before filling out your account info.
Once you're done reading, you can scroll to the bottom and accept the new terms of the agreement:
- Check the box stating "I agree to the Terms of Service"
- Click the blue "Accept" button
Enter your contact details on the form shown:
If you have a different address on your bank records, use the address as it appears on your bank records. Once that's done, click the next button below the form to continue to Page 2:
Page 2: Click the drop-down menu to select the type of payment method you want to use.
- Recommended: Direct Deposit/ACH. Enter your bank information and triple-check that it's correct.
- Checks - Verify your name, address, and currency.
If you need a paper check, note the following:
- The cost is $2.10 per check.
- A 2.5% foreign currency conversion fee may apply.
- Please allow 15 business days for the check to arrive.
- Checks are for deposit only and cannot be transferred.
- Note: P.O. Boxes cannot be used for your payment address.
Once you've filled out your payment info, click the "Next" button to continue to Page 3.
Page 3: Complete your W-9 and sign electronically
Complete the W9 Tax Form so that Swing can send you a 1099 form at the end of the fiscal year.
Typically, Swing Subs get paid as individuals. You can set this up by checking the "individual/sole proprietor or single-member LLC" box on the W-9 form.
Note: If you've created a corporation or other legal entity under which you want to get paid, you can use those boxes. If you are not getting paid as a business, please leave the "Business Name" section blank.
More information on taxes as a Swing Sub:
Note: In order to pass TIN validation, the following 2 things should match.
- Page 1: Address: first, middle, and last name
- Page 3: Tax Forms: digital signature and the name you entered (The SAME as the name you used for your bank account.) The name used should be the same name that you use to file your taxes and is associated with the SSN [individual] or EIN [company] you entered on this tax form.
Digitally sign your W-9 by typing your full name and your email address. Once you reach the following screen, you are ready to get paid by Swing!
Once you're set up and have received your first payment via Tipalti, you'll be able to see your Payment History.
Contact us if you have any questions while setting up your Tipalti account.
What if I Have Questions About Taxes or How To Fill Out My W-9?
Please remember that Swing cannot provide tax advice, so we are unable to help you fill out your W-9. We encourage you to reach out to a tax professional for tax advice.
When Should I Expect a Payment Notification?
Payment notifications get sent out by Wednesday to the email you used when signing up with Swing.
Please note that these payment emails can be sent out earlier depending on processing times or if your bank has an Early Direct Deposit feature.