Two of the requirements to be a substitute teacher with Swing are a TB test and a LiveScan background check.
TB Test Requirement:
We recommend completing the TB test requirement in one of two ways:
- If you’ve had a TB test in the past four years, upload a copy of a negative scan to your Swing profile.
- If you haven’t had a TB test recently, we recommend doing a TB risk assessment. You can complete a risk assessment at WellnessMart, your local clinic/provider or through our sub onboarding process!
If you don’t have a current TB test and did not pass the risk assessment, the next step would be to get a skin test. You can do this with the same clinic/provider that administers the risk assessment. (If you get your skin test at WellnessMart, the results will automatically be sent to Swing. If you get it at another provider, upload a copy of the negative results to your profile. Save the receipt for any cost to you, and we’ll reimburse you once you’ve subbed your first day with us.)
It generally takes 2-3 days for TB tests to be read by a physician.
Note: If you are not able to successfully complete the TB requirement via risk assessment or skin test, contact us and we will walk you through the next steps.
- Can I do my TB test and LiveScan background check at the same time at Wellnessmart?
- Yes! You can definitely do both at the same time.
- How do I check to see if Swing has received my TB test results?
- We will email you as soon as we update our records. You can log into our platform at subs.swingeducation.com to check on your status.