Two of the requirements to be a substitute teacher with Swing are a TB test and a LiveScan background check.
TB Test Requirement:
You can complete the TB test requirement in one of two ways, online or in-person. We recommend trying online first.
- Upload Existing TB Test:
- If you’ve had a TB test in the past four years, upload a copy of a negative scan to your Swing profile.
- Take a free online TB risk assessment
- If you have not had a TB test completed in the past four years, you can complete a free, 3-minute online TB risk assessment through your Swing account. If you pass the online TB risk assessment, you will satisfy the TB Test requirement. Click here to log into your account and complete your online risk assessment today.
- Note: If you do not pass the online risk assessment then you will need to receive a follow-up TB skin test. You can follow the "in-person" steps below to receive a TB skin test.
- If you haven’t had a TB test recently and did not pass the online risk assessment, we recommend doing a TB skin test. You can complete a skin test at WellnessMart or through your local clinic/provider. If you get your skin test at WellnessMart, the results will automatically be sent to Swing. If you get it completed with another provider, please upload a copy of the negative results to your profile. Save the receipt for any cost to you, and we’ll reimburse you once you’ve subbed your first day with us.
It generally takes 2-3 days for TB tests to be read by a physician.
Note: If you are not able to successfully complete the TB requirement via risk assessment or skin test, contact us and we will walk you through the next steps.
- Can I do my TB test and LiveScan background check at the same time at Wellnessmart?
- Yes! You can definitely do both at the same time.
- How do I check to see if Swing has received my TB test results?
- We will email you as soon as we update our records. You can log into our platform at subs.swingeducation.com to check on your status.