Administrators: In cases of emergency school closure, Swing Education will waive cancellation fees. However, you must inform us before such cancellation in order to have such fees waived.
See also our COVID-19 (Coronavirus) FAQs for School Partners.
Substitute teachers (SwingSubs) and schools depend on the commitments they make to each other, and it can be a great inconvenience when a commitment is broken. That is why we have instituted a cancellation policy that we feel is fair to everyone:
Cancelling without consequence:
A school may cancel (or change) an unfilled Request (an open Request not accepted by a SwingSub) at any time.
A school may cancel (or change) any day of any filled Request at least 24 hours before that day's start time.
It is considered last-minute if a school cancels (or changes) any day of any filled request less than 24 hours before that day's start time.
In these instances, the school will be charged the full original amount for the day in question.
- A school may cancel a Request if it is within 30 minutes of a SwingSub filling (accepting) the Request.
- This is true even if it is less than 24 hours before a day's start time.
- The school cancels a Request due to negative feedback on the SwingSub's previous performance.
- Please cancel the Request and select “Dissatisfied with SwingSub” from the options.
- The school or Swing Education may cancel the request due to an emergency school closing. (e.g., weather, health or safety threats, natural disasters, etc.)
Cancellations by SwingSubs
SwingSubs are strongly discouraged from withdrawing from any Requests they have accepted. However, there is no explicit consequence for this UNLESS there are:
- more than 30 minutes since their Accept, and
- less than 24 hours before the start time of the Request
If a SwingSub cancels more than 30min after accepting and less than 24 hours from the start time, this is a last-minute cancellation. The SwingSub's rating will be negatively impacted, and a pattern of last-minute cancellations could result in termination from the Platform.
Swing Education will try to find you another SwingSub as soon as possible.