At Swing Education, our goal is to develop a solutions-oriented community where both schools and substitute teachers benefit. As the Swing community has continued to grow, one of the biggest obstacles we’ve faced involves late cancellations on both the school and sub side.
- If a school cancels a filled request for a sub within 24 hours of the start time, we consider this a ‘late cancellation’ and the school will be invoiced the pay rate of a single-day request. The invoiced amount goes directly to the confirmed substitute since it is difficult for them to find a new assignment on such short notice.
Exceptions -- In these cases, a school will not be invoiced:
- The school cancels the request within 30 minutes of a sub filling the request
- The school cancels the request due to negative sub feedback (please notify Swing Support)
- The school cancels the request due to an emergency school closing
- If a sub cancels their assignment within 24 hours of the start time, we consider this a ‘late cancellation’ and the sub’s Swing Status will be negatively impacted.
- If we notice a pattern of late cancellations, the sub should expect to see documented feedback and contact from Swing Education about the next steps, including possible removal from the platform.