Please consider if there are any upcoming holidays/breaks. Most schools will be closed around holidays/breaks, so we always see a decrease in requests being issued, specifically during the summer months.
There’s a couple of other reasons you might not see openings:
- All our current openings are filled. Don’t worry! New requests will come in throughout the day. We are also adding new school partners in all Swing regions, so you should see an increase over time!
- One of the advantages of working with Swing is that you will get requests from many more schools than if you were just working with one district. You can also ask us to link you to more regions for more schools. You can now see your current regions by going to your sub-profile, under account settings. You can now add or remove regions from your account, here.
- In the meantime, check the “Show Waitlists?” box and you can add yourself to waitlists for assignments that are currently filled. If a sub cancels, you’ll have the opportunity to fill that opening.
- You may be already committed on the day's requests are being issued. Click on the "show days I'm working" to see all requests on the platform currently.
- Log in on a web browser the assignments go there first.
- (For California subs) You do not have a permit and all of our current requests are looking for subs with a permit or credential.
- You might have a low-reliability score due to last-minute cancellations, no-shows, and late penalties, this will affect the opportunities available to you.
How Can I See More Openings?
Your sub-account shows you all available requests that are available for you to pick up. To see more requests you can:
- Request to be linked to more regions
- After a great teaching day, thank the admins at the school and ask for positive feedback and to be one of their preferred subs.
- Don't have reliability issues, such as no-shows or canceling last minute. These reduce your reliability with us. Keep in mind, we give our most reliable subs the first choice for requests.