Why don’t I see any openings?
Please consider if there are any upcoming holidays/breaks. Most schools will be closed around these holidays/breaks, so we always see a decrease in requests being issued.
- Tuesday, January 1: New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 21: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Monday, February 18: President’ Day
- Spring Break: Mid March- End of April
- Monday, May 27: Memorial Day
- Thursday, July 4: Independence Day
- Monday, September 2: Labor Day
- Monday, October 14: Columbus Day / Indigenous Peoples Day
- Monday, November 11: Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 28: Thanksgiving Day
- Wednesday, December 25: Christmas Day
There’s a couple of other reasons you might not see openings:
- All our current openings are filled. Don’t worry! New requests will come in throughout the day. We are also adding new school partners in all Swing regions, so you should see an increase over time!
- One of the advantages in working with Swing is that you will get requests from many more schools than if you were just working with one district. You can also ask us to link you to more regions for more schools. You can see your current regions by going to your sub profile!
- In the meantime, check the “Show Waitlists?” box and you can add yourself to waitlists for assignments that are currently filled. If a sub cancels, you’ll have the opportunity to fill that opening.
- You may be already committed on days requests are being issued. Click on the "show days I'm working" to see all requests on the platform currently.
- Log in on a web browser the assignments go there first.
- (For California subs) You do not have a permit and all of our current requests are looking for subs with a permit or credential.
How can I see more openings?
- Request to be linked to more regions
- Get a 30-day sub permit
- Ask a school to request you as a preferred sub!
If you’re still not seeing requests, please submit a ticket and we will look into it for you!
How can I work during summer break?
All requests will be issued on the platform, including summer opportunities! We encourage you to sign up for open requests and well as waitlists to get the most out of the summer break open requests! We would also encourage you to reach out to any schools that you truly enjoyed and let them know you are available for any summer opportunities!
Also, if you do not already have a permit, getting one during the summer slowdown would be a perfect way of getting yourself ready for the upcoming school year!