A couple of things to keep in mind:
- While certainly discouraged, there is no explicit penalty or consequence for Canceling an Acceptance either (a) within 30 minutes of Accepting or (b) at least 24 hours before the start time of a Request.
- Canceling less than 24 hours from the start time of a Request is considered a Last-Minute Cancellation (unless you canceled within 30 minutes of accepting the request), and should be avoided if at all possible. Schools are counting on you to show up, and a Last Minute Cancellation means that the school will have to scramble to try to replace you.
- Any single Last Minute Cancellation is subject to disciplinary action, and additional Last Minute Cancellations may result in further disciplinary action, up to and including termination from the Company Platform. Last-Minute Cancellations also affect your sub rating.
What if a school cancels a Request on me?
A school is allowed to cancel any Request less than 30 minutes after you’ve Accepted; In other words, such a Request is no longer active, you should not show up, and you will not be paid (and we will not be paid). Independent of this, a school is also allowed to cancel any Request at least 24 hours before the start of that Assignment without paying you (or us).
The school is also allowed to cancel any subsequent day(s) of a Request at least 24 hours before the start time of that particular day(s). In other words, even if you have started a multi-day Assignment, subsequent days can be canceled by the School without paying you (or us), as long as the school cancels at least 24 hours before the start time of whatever day(s) they are canceling.
Any assignment Request (or day(s) of a Request) canceled by the school more than 30 minutes after you Accepted the Request and less than 24 hours from the start time of the relevant day's work is considered late, therefore you will be paid for the upcoming day, with the following exceptions:
Exceptions to the cancellation policy/fees stated above:
- The school cancels due to negative feedback about your performance.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to an assignment.
- An emergency closing of the school.
- Either the school or Swing Education cancels the request due to an emergency. Examples of emergencies include natural disasters, health or safety threats such as pandemics, shootings or bomb threats, and damage that prevents the use of school facilities such as fire, flood, or other structural damage.