Something came up and I can no longer fill a request. Can I cancel?
Yes, we understand that sometimes you just get sick or a personal issue comes up and you suddenly can't make a job. You can cancel a request by pressing the Teal "Cancel" button on the request page.
A couple of things to keep in mind about cancellations:
- You will be penalized for cancelling within 24 hours of the request's start time. A high cancel rate will make you ineligible for Star Sub Status
- There's no penalty for cancelling within 30 minutes of signing up for a request.
- Schools are counting on you to show up - a cancel (especially last minute) is a big deal for a school to try to cover. Often times this means teachers (and office admins, principals, etc.) have to scramble to cover. If you cancel too often, Swing will send you a warning email and possibly consider removing your ability to sign up for requests.
What if a school cancels on me?
- If you’ve signed up for an assignment for more than 30 minutes, and the school cancels it within 24 hours of the start time (and the cancel is not based on performance reasons), you’ll get paid for one day.
- If the cancellation is because the school is giving negative feedback or a school emergency that required the school to close you won't get paid for the cancellation.