Why should I enable text notifications?
- An updated phone number is helpful in case we need to contact you (e.g., if the school cancels a request). Note: you’ll have to confirm a new phone number to receive notifications.
How do I enable text notifications?
- Add your phone number by clicking “user profile” or in “Edit Profile” to receive text message notifications.
- You will receive a text from Swing asking you to confirm your number. Text “Yes” to respond. Once you do, you will receive a confirmation text message.
- You’ll be all set to view and accept assignments!
How do I sign up for a single-day request via text?
- Reply to the text with “Sub” and the 4 digit code. In the example below, you would reply "sub 1f2d" without the quotation marks, and you would be assigned to the request.
- Or, click on the link in the text (or login to SwingSubs) to see the Request Details and click on “Sign Up” on the webpage to fill the request
How do I sign up for a multi-day request via text?
- Click on the link in the text (or login to SwingSubs) to see the full Request Details and click on “Sign Up” on the webpage to fill it if you’re still interested and available.
- Please note you cannot accept multi-day assignments via text message and will need to sign up for it directly on the platform.
What type of notifications will I receive?
You will receive text notifications when the following happens:
- A new request is posted by one of your schools
- You add yourself to the sub list for a request
- You are confirmed to fill a request
- You cancel for a request you’re confirmed to fill
- A school chooses an alternate sub for a request you’re confirmed to fill
How do I pause my text notifications?
- Text "STOP" to 79464. Text "YES" to the same number to resume the messages again.
Why am I not getting notifications for openings that appear on the site?
- This is normal. When a school submits a request, we start sending out text messages in random order. Currently we can only send 1 text per second, and those texts stop as soon as a sub accepts the request.
Why am I not seeing any texts from Swing?
- Swing recently switched to a five-digit number (79464). Some phone carriers may block shortcode messages. If you are not getting texts from Swing, we recommend calling your carrier and asking them to unblock 5-digit phone numbers.