- Text "STOP" to 79464 to stop text notifications
- Text "YES" to the same number to resume the notifications
- Based on the type of phone you have, please visit your notification center on your phone to set the notifications on/off.
Can I have both notifications and texts?
- You cannot have both text and app notifications. You will need to choose which is best for you.
I downloaded the app on my tablet and now my notifications are going there. What do I do?
- If you do not want the notifications routed to your tablet you will need to turn the notifications off in your tablets notification center. This will re-route them back to your phone.
What type of notifications will I receive?
You will receive notifications when:
- A new request is posted by one of your schools
- You add yourself to the sub waitlist for a request
- You are confirmed to fill a request
- You cancel a request you’re confirmed to fill
- A school chooses an alternate sub for a request you’re confirmed to fill
Do I get different notifications via text than the app?
- No. The notifications are exactly the same they are just sent to you in the way that you choose.
Why am I not getting notifications for openings that appear on the site?
- This is normal. Requests are posted on the platform for about 2 minutes before they start notifying via text/app notifications. All notifications are sent in random order starting with those who are Rising and Star subs. Currently, we can only send 1 text per second, and those notifications cease as soon as a sub accepts. If the request is available on the platform and you did not get a notification you can still accept the request.
Why am I not seeing any texts from Swing?
- Some phone carriers may block 5 digit 'shortcode' messages. If you are not getting texts from Swing, we recommend calling your carrier and asking them to unblock 5 digit 'shortcode' numbers.
- If you downloaded the Swing app, the text messages will be sent via app notifications. You need to enable/disable them through the device notification center. Check out our app article for more information on the Swing app.
- Please be aware of any upcoming holidays or summer break which can account for a lack of open requests.