- Text "STOP" to 79464 to stop text notifications
- Text "YES" to 79464 to resume the notifications
Visit your notification center on your phone to set the notifications to on or off. Learn more about the Swing app here.
How To Turn On Push Notifications on a Smartphone (Step-By-Step)
1. Open The Swing App
2. Click on the More tab (shows ellipsis)
3. Scroll down until you see "Allow Notifications" then press "Allow Notifications"
4. You'll be prompted to confirm allowing app notifications
5. Then finally confirm once more to turn on alerts, sounds, and icon badges.
How To Turn On Push Notifications on an iPhone (Video)
Enable notifications for our iOS app!♬ Aesthetic Girl - Yusei
Can I have both app notifications and texts?
You cannot have both text and app notifications. You will need to choose which is best for you. If you disable app notifications, you will not automatically start receiving teaching requests via SMS. Please contact support and ask them to re-enable SMS notifications.
I downloaded the app on my tablet and now my notifications are going there. What do I do?
If you do not want the notifications routed to your tablet you will need to turn the notifications off in your tablet's notification center. This will re-route them back to your phone.
What type of notifications will I receive?
You will receive notifications when:
- A new request is posted by one of your schools
- You add yourself to the sub waitlist for a request
- You are confirmed to fill a request
- You cancel a request you’re confirmed to fill
Do I get different notifications via text than the app?
No. All requests get sent out in random order starting with our top Star Subs. It does not matter the method by which you choose to receive notifications.
Why am I not getting notifications for openings that appear on the site?
This is normal. Requests are posted on the platform for about 2 minutes before they start notifying via text/app notifications. All notifications are sent in random order starting with those who are Rising and Star subs. Currently, we can only send 1 text per second, and those notifications cease as soon as a sub accepts. If the request is available on the platform and you did not get a notification you can still accept the request.
Why am I not seeing any texts from Swing?
- Some phone carriers may block 5-digit "shortcode" messages. If you are not getting texts from Swing, we recommend calling your carrier and asking them to unblock 5-digit "shortcode" numbers.
- If you downloaded the Swing app, teaching requests will be sent via app notifications. Check the notifications settings on your phone to confirm you have notifications for the Swing app turned on.
- If you disable your app notifications, you will not receive any teaching notifications at all. Please contact support so we can re-enable SMS notifications. We don't want you to miss out on teaching opportunities.
- Please be aware of any upcoming holidays, winter, or summer break which can account for a lack of open requests.
Swing Education -- Short Code SMS notifications Terms of Service
1. You can expect to receive SMS notifications via the shortcode 79464 from Swing Education to:
a. Inform you about new requests that have been created
b. Acknowledgements and confirmation messages when you accept or cancel requests
2. You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text "STOP" to the shortcode. After you send the SMS message "STOP" to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time, and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
3. If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program, you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at https://support.swingeducation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or by emailing email@example.com
4. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages